The Omani Somer Honey, otherwise also called (the Acacia Toryilis Honey) comes from the blossoms of the Acacia Toryilis trees that are found in Al Hajar Mountains in northern parts of Oman. The honey has a distinct flavor and wonderful taste. Its rich in texture and has a dark color close to almost black. The harvesting for Al Somer Honey is mostly from the beginning of summer till the beginning of spring.
Al Somer honey, because of its dark and thick texture is rich in anti-oxidants and often advised by doctors for various physical and mental health issues such as follows: –
- The high nutritional value helps to strengthen the immunity of human body.
- Increases bone strength and flexibility as it contains calcium.
- Aids in treating anemia as since it contains iron and essential vitamin properties.
- Also helps in digestion and reducing stomach ulcers and prevents other stomach diseases.
- Al Somer is very beneficial for pregnant women as it provides them the energy and preserve their health.
- Helps to control blood pressure and diabetes.
This honey box consists of 20 honey spoons, each spoon is having 7gms of Al Somer Honey. This unique packaging prevents leakage and is easy to use.